MAMA is thrilled to support this year’s National Simultaneous Storytime! Every year a picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator is read simultaneously in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes, bookshops and many other places around the country.
National Simultaneous Storytime aims to:
- promote the value of reading and literacy;
- promote the value and fun of books;
- promote an Australian writer and publisher;
- promote storytime activities in public libraries and communities around the country;
- provide opportunities to involve parents, grandparents, the media and others to participate in and enjoy the occasion.
Last year over 430,000 children at over 2,500 locations across Australia took part in National Simultaneous Storytime, reading the book The Wrong Book, written by Nick Bland and enjoying a range of supporting educational activities, songs, games, dress ups and lots of fun.
National Simultaneous Storytime is a fantastic reminder for us all of the importance of reading and literacy, particularly at the pre-primary and primary age.
Enjoy this year’s storytime!